Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Jovanovic Finally Confirms Anfield Switch

Milan Jovanovic has confirmed he is on his way to Liverpool for pre-season training, ending speculation his move could be off.

The Serbian midfielder, who scored the winning goal for his country against Germany in the World Cup, will leave Standard Liege and join Liverpool on a three-year contract.
Jovanovic, 29, rejected claims that the departure of ex-manager Rafael Benitez for Inter had ever affected his situation.
"I am going to Liverpool," he told Nieuwsblad.
"I have signed there for three years. I repeat: no pre-agreement - a real contract. And the departure of Benítez changes nothing.
"I have maintained contact with the Executive Board of Liverpool and everything is good.
"Everything is in order since in the last two years I have played 75 per cent of the matches for my national side.
"Next I am looking for a house. On the 14th or 15th July I will join the squad for a training camp in Switzerland. But, as from Thursday, I want start my individual training programme so I can show them immediately that I am worth a place in the side."

No comments:

Post a Comment