Saturday, July 31, 2010

Spearing Admits This Is The Biggest Challenge Of His Career


Jay Spearing admits the 2010-11 season will provide him with the biggest challenge of his career to-date.
The Reds midfielder spent part of last season on loan at Leicester City and has now targeted a more regular place in Roy Hodgson's starting XI.
To watch our exclusive interview click on the play button below
"It's a massive season for me," Spearing told Liverpoolfc.tv. "With the new manager here I have to try and impress. From my own point of view I want to show him I'm capable of sticking around and getting in that starting XI."
Spearing's performances in pre-season have already earned him rave reviews from the manager - but he insists he cannot afford to rest on his laurels.
"It's nice to hear the manager say nice things about you but I can't dwell on that now," he said. "I have to show him in games and training that I can keep it up.
"This (the clash with Rabotniki) is up there as one of my best performances for the club. As a team performance we did well from start to finish. We came here, got the job done and we are very happy with what we ended up with.
"It's all about the team. We wanted to win the game and now we have half a job to at Anfield."

No comments:

Post a Comment