Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Liverpool Set To Land Mario Gomez On Loan

Liverpool have approached Bayern Munich about a possible loan for striker Mario Gomez.

Despite featuring in the Germany squad that finished third in this summer's World Cup, the 25-year-old finds himself behind compatriots Thomas Muller and Miroslav Klose as well as Ivica Olic in the pecking order at the Allianz Arena.

After PSV Eindhoven ended his pursuit of Ola Toivonen, Roy Hodgson is planning a move for Gomez and is hopeful of a move despite the player publicly ruling out any move away from the Bundesliga champions as he bids to prove his worth to Louis van Gaal.

He said: "I have made my position clear - there will be no transfer.

"I want to convince the coach that he will soon field me in his starting XI.

"Hard work will be rewarded, I am sure about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment