Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lucas Ready To Leave If Asked To

Midfielder Lucas says he is in the dark over his Liverpool future amid reports he could be offloaded by boss Roy Hodgson.The summer arrivals of Christian Poulsen and Raul Meireles at Anfield have cast doubt over the Brazilian's future and he has been linked with a deadline-day switch to Stoke City.The 23-year-old, who is now away with his country on international duty, admits his future is uncertain despite the fact he is seen as a key member of the first-team squad and started both the 3-0 defeat at Manchester City earlier this month and Sunday's 1-0 win over West Brom.
"What is the situation? I don't know. I'm still playing," he said."At the moment, I haven't had any offers. I don't know if the club wants to sell me. I just have to wait. I'm going away with the to wait. I'm going away with the national team (on Thursday) and I can't say any more than that."We don't have any games so we will be training for a week in Barcelona.
"If the club want to sell me, what can I do? I just have to wait and see what will happen."Lucas added: "I need to be playing and I want to be playing but I believe that I am doing well. The manager will choose who plays. I have a contract here and if I don't get anything good for me or for the club, then I will stay."

No comments:

Post a Comment