Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hodgson Not Bothered By Reina Comments

Roy Hodgson does not believe that comments about Pepe Reina's Liverpool future are an immediate cause for concern. Reina has said that he will remain at Anfield "until the end of the season" at least, which has prompted concerns over his long-term future amidst fears that he may move to Premier League rivals Arsenal, who are desperately seeking a first- choice goalkeeper. But Hodgson, speaking at Melwood earlier, insisted that he sees no reason to discuss Reina's future at this moment in time and could not speak highly enough of the Spaniard's abilities. He said: "As far as I'm concerned, we're very happy to have Pepe Reina and I hope he'll stay a lot longer than that. "But if, at the end of the season, he doesn't want to play for Liverpool any more then we'll have to deal with that situation when we come to it. "I don't understand why, seven or eight months from that day, I'm constantly being asked to give my opinion on it. "My opinion is he's an excellent goalkeeper and I hope he plays for Liverpool for years to come. If he doesn't want to play for Liverpool for years to come then we'll deal with the situation when it occurs. "For me, Pepe Reina is one of the most committed players I have at the club. He's one that I never have any doubts about his desire to get on the field, do his best and win the game for the club - that's the most important thing. "I really don't understand why it should be necessary for me or him to discuss a year ahead."

No comments:

Post a Comment