Thursday, November 11, 2010

Jovanovic Shrugs Off Liverpool Exit Rumours

Milan Jovanovic insists he has no intention of leaving Liverpool despite his failure to build on his exploits with Standard Liege. Liverpool won the race to sign the Serbian hitman, who scored the only goal in his country's historic win over Germany in the World Cup this summer, but he has yet to show the form which brought him to the attention of several top clubs, including the Reds and AC Milan. A return to the Belgian league has been mooted with Anderlecht understood to be willing to offer the 29-year-old attacker a swift exit from Anfield and although flattered by the interest, Jovanovic has refused to throw in the towel after just four months in England. He said: "Since I moved to England I've done everything regarding my job the way the coach wants from me. "I was really focused on not making many tactical mistakes. I've not done things my way. I didn't do things my way, I didn't take risks with my moves and actions. "I'm just thinking about Liverpool. I'll stay here because I'm no quitter or a person who doesn't fight. "I know, that Anderlecht rate me very highly and I'm proud about that. "Anderlecht are the biggest club in Belgium and I respect them, but I have a contract with Liverpool and I'll stay."

No comments:

Post a Comment