Thursday, November 11, 2010

Poulsen Rues Bad Form

Christian Poulsen believes he is beginning to adapt to the pace of the Barclays Premier League and has set his sights on making a key contribution to Liverpool's bid to break back into the top four. The Danish midfielder appeared as a late substitute as the Reds saw their winning run come to an end with a 1-1 draw at Wigan. He admits the result wasn't what Roy Hodgson's men would have hoped for, but remains optimistic their hard work on the training ground will reap its rewards in the months ahead. "It's been a tough start for us but we are improving and want to get in the top four as quickly as possible," said Poulsen. "I thought we started the game well and it looked like we were going to win it. But Wigan were strong in the second half and the early goal helped them. "After a brilliant win over Chelsea it was frustrating for us but it's a tough Premier League this season with teams taking points off one another. Every team can beat each other - there is no easy game and Wigan showed that against us." He added: "It was good for me to play the last 20-25 minutes and I wanted to show my best for the team. "There have been many changes at Liverpool and I have come in this season as a new player. We have a new manager and new owners. I am trying to learn as quickly as possible to adapt to the league. The manager has shown a lot of faith in me. "I know I've got a lot of work to do and I will work hard every day in training at Melwood so I can help this team. "Liverpool is a great club and I feel really proud to be here. I feel I can improve and give a lot more."

No comments:

Post a Comment